Welcome to Dubai Commercity
The future of business!
Dubai CommerCity first regional
e-commerce free zone
Dubai CommerCity,’ an AED 3.2-billion, 2.1-million square feet joint venture between DAFZA and wasl Asset Management Group, in the Umm Ramool area. Dubai CommerCity, the first free zone dedicated to e-commerce in the MENA region, is strategically intended to promote Dubai’s position as a leading platform for international e-commerce and to support economic diversification and smart transformation strategies.
Market in GCC & MENASA Region
Exponential growth opportunities
The E-commerce retail market in the Middle East & Africa is expected to grow by 20% in the next 5 years to reach USD 26 billion in 2022, which outpaces the global growth of 13%.
- GCC is predicted to contribute 43% by year 2022 of MEA’s E-Commerce retail market (Source: Euromonitor database)
- Smartphone usage reaches almost 100% among GCC millennials
- UAE has the highest smartphone penetration rate in the world of 83%, along with Saudi Arabia, which is not far behind at 68%. (Source: Newzoo’s 2018 Global Mobile Market report)
- GCC has a high adaptation rate of social media with over 70% of the population using social networking sites daily.
Retail Market by 2022
Middle East $26 Billion
GCC $11 Billion
United Arab Emirates $4.6 Billion
The City of Dreams
Dubai is one of the most diverse cosmopolitan cities in the world and has become a center of trade and commerce for the entire region.
- Located at the heart of the crossroads of the trade routes of East and West, Europe and Asia
- Growing and diverse economy
- World-class infrastructure
- Safe place to live and do business
- Business-friendly government policies
- Global events destination
- 200+ Nationalities living in Dubai
- Home for renowned multinational companies
- Diversified and skilled manpower
- Innovation and knowledge hub
Dubai CommerCity is a new push for a non-traditional economy based on Innovation and Smart transformation
H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum
Dubai CommerCity promotes e-commerce as a key driver for sustainable economic growth
H.E. Dr. Mohammed Al Zarooni
Director General - DAFZA
The joint venture provides impetus for economic diversification & promotes a competitive innovation-based economy
Hesham Abdulla AlQassim
CEO - wasl Asset Management Group
Dubai CommerCity to boost Dubai’s leading position in global trade
The Key Business
- High-end modern business community zone
- Premium offices with flexibility and scalability options
- Furnished ready to use offices
- Multi-client shared warehouses and modular dedicated LIUs
- Modern social cluster (modern and diverse food court, art galleries, shops and quality amenities within walk-in distance)
- High-speed network connectivity
Sustainable environment and a green economy
- Logistic clusters powered by solar energy
- Environmentally friendly structure
- No corporate tax
- No income tax
- Fast and efficient business set-up solutions
- Seamless customer experience throughout the entire customer journey and across all touch points
- 100% Foreign company ownership
- 100% Repatriation of capital and profits
- No currency restrictions
- Pre and post setup support including fast and automated registration and licensing
- Pre-integrated & pre-configured E-commerce platform
- Smart & centralized CRM solution for a great customer experience
- Access to on-site ecosystem service providers such as payment gateways, marketing services agencies, call centers, web developers etc.
- Business support (networking events, support in talent acquisition and development as well as marketing management)
Designed with a modern and innovative approach the three clusters aim to strategically achieve environmental and investment sustainability. Dubai CommerCity has implemented state-of-the-art technologies to provide investors with a smart & quality-focused business ecosystem.
Business cluster has 12 buildings, with a total leasable area of 175,000 sqm. and total built-up area of 240,000 sqm. It features modern buildings and landscapes within the interior and exterior areas to encourage customers to adopt an active approach while doing business. This cluster is compliant with ‘Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)’ program.
The logistics cluster consists of 105 logistics units with a total built-up area of 54,000 sqm and a leasable area of 53,000 sqm equipped with the latest technologies to meet the needs of logistics services providers and customers. This cluster is designed with rooftop PVC solar panels for generating clean energy.
The social cluster is the heart of Dubai CommerCity, with its art galleries, a range of luxury restaurants and cafés, and vibrant facilities that meet the expectations of E-commerce companies looking to establish regional headquarters in Dubai.
Advancing sustainability is a top priority
Dubai CommerCity is fully committed to supporting the goal of wise leadership, which is to reduce the UAE carbon footprint by 25 percent by 2030 through the adoption of non-traditional methods in accordance with global standards for a sustainable environment and a green economy.
Dubai CommerCity plans on reducing electricity consumption by using solar energy and lowering water wastage by 40 percent through the treatment of polluted water and the collection and reuse of rainwater.
The strategies also include the reduction of pollution and the implementation of global environmental standards for the construction of light industrial units and buildings, as well as the use of environmentally friendly building materials and recycled resources.